The kosher wine consumer knows that when shopping for wine, in addition to checking the bottle for a reliable hashgacha, they must also check to see if the wine is labeled mevushal or non-mevushal. Mevushal wine may be handled, and even poured by a non-Jew or a non-shomer Shabbos Jew; however non-mevushal wine, once opened, […]
A Tribute to the Life of Rabbi Emanuel Holzer zt”l On the 13th day of Adar 1, Erev Purim Katan, 5776, Rabbi Emanuel (Manny) Holzer zt”l passed away. Rabbi Holzer, an extraordinarily devoted disciple of the Rav, Rav Yosef Dov Soloveitchik, zt”l, was an outstanding osek betzorchei tsibur, who dedicated much of his life to the […]
• OU-P 2016 – What’s New? • Devotion & Passion – A Tribute to the Life of Rabbi Emanuel Holzer zt”l • Messaging Tips from Heaven • Lo Basi Ela L’Orer: Ma’amid of Cheese • Azkarah for Rav Belsky zt”l at OU Kosher • Recent OU Kosher Halacha Yomis • Mazel Tov, Condolences, Kashrus Alert… • Mail…
• An Appreciation • Rav Belsky Zt”l – an appreciation • A Giant in Our Midst • Rabbi Belsky Remembered • Interactions with Rav Belsky Zt”l – Redefining the Word “Irreplaceable” • Kashrus Alert, Mazal Tov, Condolences…
• Cold Spicy Foods • Reclamation and Reuse of Water • What’s the Bracha on …Potato Kugel? Corn Bread? • Tanker & Railcar Wash Map
• Raisin Juice • Recycling Hot Water in Wash Facilities • Stranded in Germany – Who am I going to call? • Mail… ASKOU… Alerts… Mazel Tov…
• What Could be Wrong with… Fish? • What Could be Wrong with… the “K”? • What Could be Wrong with… the Supervision of Rabbi So-And-So?
REMA (Y.D. 99:6) writes that if a kezayis of milk fell into sixty k’zeysim of water, and then some of that water fell into a pot of meat, the meat would be permitted. Shach (Y.D. 99:22) quotes Rema in Toras Chatas that in this case, since the milk became batul unintentionally, one may even <em>lichatchila</em> […]
• Bitul of Milk • Bishul on Shabbos Part IV: Sweet ‘N Low & Equal • Night of Jewish Unity and Record-Breaking Challah • Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines, Kashrus Alert, Flour Infestation, ASK OU & More….
• Dairy Bread • Bishul on Shabbos Part III: Splenda • Remembering Reb Yoni Kantor • Ask OU’s First Kosher Meat Tour