This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Warm Carrot, Zucchini and Red Pepper Salad
Eileen Goltz | Pareve
- 4 cups small leafed spinach, washed and drained
- 1 red pepper cut into thin slices
- 1 cup carrots, cut into thin rounds
- 1 lb. zucchinis, sliced into thin spears
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves and lay them in a shallow serving dish.
- Cut the zucchinis in half crossways and then cut each half lengthwise in thin slices.
- Sauté the pepper and carrots in the olive oil, uncovered, over low heat for about 10 minutes. Season with lots of salt and pepper. Cover the skillet and cook gently for around 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the Zucchinis, cover again and leave for another 10 minutes. The Zucchinis should be tender but still have their color.
- To serve, place the warm salad with its juices onto the spinach leaves.
This recipe can be double or tripled.