- 4 cups small leafed spinach, washed and drained
- 1 red pepper cut into thin slices
- 1 cup carrots, cut into thin rounds
- 1 lb. zucchinis, sliced into thin spears
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves and lay them in a shallow serving dish.
- Cut the zucchinis in half crossways and then cut each half lengthwise in thin slices.
- Sauté the pepper and carrots in the olive oil, uncovered, over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Season with lots of salt and pepper. Cover the skillet and cook gently for around 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the Zucchinis, cover again and leave for another 10 minutes. The Zucchinis should be tender but still have their color.
- To serve, place the warm salad with its juices onto the spinach leaves.
This recipe can be double or tripled.