- 1 (16 oz.) loaf bread
- 1 (15 oz.) can pineapple chunks in own juice, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup raisins
- 1½ teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ to 2 cups chicken broth
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cubes in a large bowl. Add the pineapple, celery, onion, water chestnuts, almonds and raisins. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sage, poultry seasoning, pepper, salt and cinnamon with the broth.
- Pour the broth evenly over the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
Makes enough stuffing to fill a 10 to 12-lb. bird.