A sweet pepper dish that is great with any type of fresh bread. You’ll want to double the recipe because it’s going to disappear.
- 4 red peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Quarter and clean pith from red peppers. Spray skin side with olive oil mist.
- Roast peppers under broiler 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until skins are black.
- Put peppers in a paper bag until cool.
- Peel skins, (do not wash peppers) and put them in a bowl.
- Add smashed garlic clove, oil and vinegar and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 2 hours.