This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Red Cabbage with Apples
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union | Pareve
- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoon oil
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- Heat oil in large frying pan or pot. Add onions and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage, apples, salt, sugar, vinegar and water. Continue to sauté, stirring well for another five minutes.
- Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
May be served hot or cold.