- 8 fresh Calimyrna Figs
- 2 packages (12-oz.) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons raspberry liqueur (optional)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17¼ oz. package)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup bottled lemon curd
- RASPBERRY-FIG SAUCE:
Remove stems and thinly slice figs.
- Whirl berries and juice in blender until smooth.
- Strain sauce through fine-meshed strainer into medium saucepan; discard seeds. Stir in figs, sugar and liqueur. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring for 1 minute. Cool. Chill.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Thaw the pastry for 20 minutes; unfold and cut along folds into 3 rectangles. Cut each rectangle, crosswise, into four pieces. Place on baking sheet. Prick with fork.
- Brush 8 pieces with egg white and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from sheet and cool on rack. Split each pastry in half, lengthwise.
- Whip cream until firm peaks form. Stir in the lemon curd.
- Remove figs with slotted spoon; reserve sauce.
- Spoon sauce onto 8 small plates.
- Place one plain pastry, cut side up, on each plate. Spoon half of figs and half of lemon cream on pastries, dividing evenly.
- Top each with another plain pastry, cut side down, remaining figs and cream.
- Top with almond pastries.