The taste of this delicious salad is something to celebrate!
- 1 (3 oz.) package pareve chicken flavor ramen noodle soup mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⅔ cups cooked or canned red, pinto or pink beans, drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup green pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon sweet pickles, diced
- 2 Tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Pickle wedges and carrot curls for garnish
- Cook Top Ramen noodles in water for 3 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In medium-size mixing bowl, combine the cooked noodles with the beans, mayonnaise, green pepper, celery, carrots, green onion, pickles and pine nuts. Toss gently.
- Sprinkle the flavor packet over tossed mixture and toss again. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- To serve, spoon mixture onto spinach leaves and garnish with the pickle wedges and carrot curls.
INFESTATION: Green onions, also referred to as scallions, have a white base that develops into a bulb. Its long, straight green shoots branch forth from the bulb. Light green or brown thrips may occasionally be found between the green branches where they protrude from the bulb. Less frequently, they can be found on the outside or inside of the long green shoots.
- A vertical cut should be made from the top of the scallion’s green shoot to the bottom of the bulb. Examine three scallions from each bunch, paying careful attention to the area between the branches that protrude from the bulb.
- If no insects are found, wash thoroughly under a heavy stream of water or power hose and use.
- If insects are found in a scallion, scallion must be discarded.