This is an easy and filling supper dish. Almost any vegetables can go into the mix; just make sure they’re all cut up before you begin, and add the longest cooking ones first.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut in ¼-inch slices
- 2 cups cooked and diced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 Tablespoons black olives
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ small tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a frying pan with an ovenproof handle heat the oil and sauté the onion, garlic and green bell pepper over a low heat, stirring constantly. Sauté until vegetables are just tender but not browned.
- Add the zucchini and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- Add the potatoes, stir well to combine, and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are heated through and starting to stick to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and black olives, stirring well to combine with the other ingredients, and cook just until the tomatoes have begun giving up their juice.
- In a bowl combine the eggs with the salt, pepper, oregano, and cayenne. Beat until combined.
- When all the vegetables are cooked, pour the egg mixture over them.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the top of the eggs, and sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the tomato slices.
- Cook gently over low heat until the eggs are almost set (they’ll be firm around the edges and a bit runny in the middle).
- Slip the pan under the broiler for a minute or two, until the eggs are fully set and the cheese has melted and begun to brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve.