This recipe was created by the Idaho Potato Commission.
- 6 medium Idaho Potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1½ lb. salmon fillet cut in 1½-inch chunks
- 3 medium onions, peeled, quartered and separated into slices
- 3 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1½ pieces
- 6 slices (1/2" each) of fresh pineapple, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing or other vinaigrette
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 6 lime wedges for garnish
- 12 skewers
- Slice potatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch round slices.
- Boil a large pot of water and cook the potato slices until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain, and cool.
- On each of 12 skewers, thread ingredients in the following order: a pepper to secure food, potato, pineapple, pepper, onion, salmon and another onion. Repeat, beginning with potato, until each skewer holds about eight inches of ingredients. End each skewer with pepper to secure. Continue with remaining skewers.
- Place skewers in a 13 x 9” pan and drizzle Italian dressing over them. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until time to grill.
- Prepare grill. When grill is ready, lightly oil the grill tray to prevent kebabs from sticking.
- Grill kebabs, turning and basting often with barbecue sauce, about 6 - 7 minutes or until brown. Serve kebabs with lime wedge garnish.