This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Eileen Goltz |
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 pomegranate, halved or 1 cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a cup, mix oil and garlic. Brush garlic oil over chicken.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle any remaining oil over chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, basting several times with pan juices, until skin is browned and juices run clear when a thigh is pierced at thickest part with a fork.
- Remove 1 Tablespoon seeds from pomegranate. Set aside for garnish.
- Squeeze juice from remaining pomegranate through a sieve into a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, mix pomegranate juice, wine, lemon juice, and cinnamon sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer roasted chicken to a serving platter and pierce each piece several times. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve at room temperature.