Peppermint Brownie Torte
Eileen Goltz |
- From Betty Crocker recipes.
- 1 package (1 lb., 6.5 oz.) Betty Crocker Original Supreme Brownie Mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whipping (heavy) cream
- ½ (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ cup whipping (heavy) cream
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, with 17x12-inch piece of foil. Grease bottom only of foil with shortening.
- Make brownie mix as directed on package using water, oil and eggs. Spread batter in pan. Bake as directed. Cool completely in pan on wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining peppermint cream ingredients on low speed until blended; beat on medium speed until smooth. Gently stir whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/4 cup whipping cream over low heat until hot but not boiling; remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips until melted. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- Remove brownies from pan, using foil to lift. Cut brownies crosswise to make 3 equal rectangles. Trim sides if desired.
- To assemble torte, place 1 brownie rectangle on serving platter; spread with 2/3 cup Peppermint Cream. Top with second brownie rectangle; spread with Chocolate Ganache. Top with third brownie rectangle; spread with remaining cream.
- Refrigerate uncovered until serving.