This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union. |
- 2 lb. shoulder steak
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 green peppers
- 2 onions, sliced
- ½ lb. mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- Slice steak into thin strips (easier if partly frozen).
- Sauté garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add meat and brown. Remove garlic.
- Put meat in bowl. Add diced pepper, sliced onions, salt, pepper and mushrooms to pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes; add meat and wine.
- Simmer about 45 minutes or until meat is tender.