Oven-Baked Banana Macadamia French Toast
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 jar (3½ oz.) macadamia nuts, chopped well
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash cinnamon or allspice
- 8 to 10 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 banana, sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Butter 2 large baking sheets well.
- In a food processor or blender combine one banana, milk, half the chopped nuts, vanilla and cinnamon and process until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into large, shallow dish. Dip the bread slices into mixture until well absorbed on both sides.
- Arrange on well-buttered baking sheets. Bake until golden, about 5 minutes on each side.
(You can pan fry this if you prefer, but use a fair amount of butter or margarine on the pan as it will stick).
- Remove from baking sheets. Slice diagonally and dust with powdered sugar. Top with remaining banana and chopped nuts.