Great hot or at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (½-inch-thick) slices red onion (about 1 large)
- 2 lbs. small zucchini, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup (about 1½ oz.) parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced fresh oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the olive oil, red onions and zucchini in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until zucchini is tender and vegetables are well marked. Remove zucchini from grill; reduce grill heat to medium-low.
- Grill onion an additional 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine zucchini, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cheese, and oregano.