This concoction of roasted almonds, toffee and semisweet chocolate is amazing
- 3½ oz. almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with the chopped almonds, setting aside 2 Tablespoons.
- Place the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until fully melted. Add the brown sugar and stir constantly with a wooden spoon for seven minutes.
- Immediately pour the hot sugar mixture over the almonds and spread smoothly to the edges with a spatula.
- While mixture is still hot, sprinkle the chopped chocolate on top. Let the chocolate soften and melt, and smooth it evenly with a spatula or knife.
- Sprinkle the top with the reserved chopped almonds while the chocolate is still wet.
- Place the pie pan in the freezer for 20 minutes to set the candy.
- Remove from freezer and break apart, or cut into small squares with a large sharp knife.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.