- ¼ cup dried apricots, cut into ⅛-inch strips
- ¼ cup dry sherry, cream sherry, or dry white wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 16 cups torn spinach leaves, well washed
- 3 Tablespoons raspberry vinegar, red wine vinegar, or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can pitted light or dark sweet cherries or
1 (10 oz.) package frozen dark sweet cherries (thawed), drained and patted dry
- ¼ cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Make-Ahead Tip: Toast nuts and clean and tear spinach up to 8 hours in advance; cover and chill.
- Place apricots in a small bowl and cover with sherry or wine. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or until plump. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and red onion. Cook and stir for 1 minute or just until softened.
- Add reserved fruit soaking liquid and spinach; cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute or just until spinach has begun to wilt.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar, honey, pepper, and salt.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with apricots, cherries, olives, and nuts.