- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 lb.)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash eggplant. Cut several slits in skin.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375°F for about 45 minutes or until tender. Cool until you can handle it.
- Peel eggplant, pouring off any juice. Mash well with fork or in food processor.
- Combine rest of ingredients in a bowl. Add mashed eggplant.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
Serve on bed of lettuce as a salad or with pieces of matza as appetizer