Eggless Vegetarian Quiche
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 cup cauliflower (cut in florets)
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ¼ cup sliced zucchini
- ¾ cup water-packed artichoke hearts
- 12 oz. sour cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups regular or whole wheat flour
- ½ cup melted butter
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Crust: Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl gently combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Texture will resemble wet sand. Add the water a little at a time. Pat mixture on bottom and along sides of 9-inch quiche pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- In a frying skillet heat the oil and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute and then add the cauliflower and carrots, and stir until they are evenly coated. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the zucchini and cook 5 more minutes and then remove the mixture from the heat and let cool to room temp.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, cornstarch and pepper. Add the Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Fold in the cooked vegetables and artichoke hearts.
- Pour the batter into the crust and top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the edges of the quiche are dark and the center is slightly golden. Allow the quiche to set about 30 minutes before cutting and serving.