Date and Almond Granola
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, almonds, coconut, brown sugar, allspice and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan melt the butter with honey over a low heat. Pour the butter mixture over the granola mixture and toss well.
- Spread out mixture on cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut dates crosswise into thirds and after 20 minutes add the dates; mix well to separate.
- Continue to bake until golden brown, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes longer. Cool.
- Store airtight at room temperature.