This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union | Pareve
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chopped dill
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion (red or white)
- Peel and thinly slice cucumbers (may be done in a food processor), into medium bowl.
- Place plate on top of cucumbers and weigh down with large can. Let stand at least 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, sugar and dill in serving bowl. Mix in onion and cucumber.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.