A zesty easy to make fun dish that’s perfect for Sukkoth, Spoon meat onto challah rolls and top with additional barbecue sauce
- 1½ cups ketchup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-lb. beauty roast
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, Dijon-style mustard, soy sauce and liquid smoke. Stir in salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the roast in the crock pot/slow cooker. Pour the ketchup mixture over chuck roast.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the roast from slow cooker, shred with a fork, and return to the crock pot/slow cooker.
- Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce.