A light easy to make dessert that is a perfect ending to any holiday meal.
- ¾ cup honey
- ⅓ cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the honey and margarine and mix to combine. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in baking soda, cocoa and flour until just combined. By hand, stir in the almonds and chips.
- On a foil-lined cookie sheet spoon dough in center to form a 9x5-inch loaf. Bake at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched; remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut loaf into 1/2-inch slices and lay cut-side-up on same cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300°F for 15 minutes. Turn oven off, turn over cookies and leave in oven for another 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with white chocolate.
- Good for dunking in coffee.