From one of my favorite cookbooks “MealLeaniYumm!” by one of my favorite cookbook authors Norene Gilletz
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 2 carrots
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites, or 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup potato starch or ½ cup matzah meal
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Drop garlic through the feed tube of food processor while machine is running. Process until minced.
- Cut onions, carrots, and chicken in chunks. Process in batches until finely minced, about 30 seconds.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into 12 sprayed or greased muffin cups. Smooth the top of each muffin with a spatula.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes until golden.
- These reheat and/or freeze well. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Serve with salsa [bottled or homemade].
- Fat-Saving Secrets: Substitute 2 pounds lean ground chicken. However, if you grind the chicken yourself, you can control and fat content to ensure that no fatty skin is added. Turkey can be used instead of chicken to reduce the fat content even more.
- Mini Chicken Muffins: Bake mixture in greased miniature muffin tins for 15 to 18 minutes. They’re perfect as hors d’oeuvres, or to put in the kids lunch boxes.