- 2 to 3 slabs (4 to 5) beef ribs
- Cherry Coke to cover
- Cherry juice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 to 3 raw onion, quartered
- Cinnamon sticks
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 lime, sliced
- Barbecue sauce, for basting (optional)
- Cut the slab of ribs into single or double ribs.
- Place them in a large stock pot and cover them with cherry coke and add the onion quarters.
- Simmer the beef ribs in the Cherry Coke for about a half hour. Remove the ribs from the liquid, discard the liquid and let the ribs cool slightly.
- Cover them and refrigerate them for approx. 2 hours before grilling. .
- Meanwhile, prepare the marinade by warming the cherry juice in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the salt, pepper, remaining onion quarters, cinnamon, orange, lemons and limes and about 1/2 liter of Cherry Coke.
- Heat the marinade until near to the boiling point and then remove it from the heat. Cool the marinade, cover and refrigerate.
- Grill the ribs slowly over a low flame or coals for about an hour until done, turning and basting with leftover marinade that has been reheated to boiling or with your choice of BBQ Sauce.
Note that the usual grilling time of 2 or 3 hours is greatly reduced because the beef ribs were partially cooked during the parboiling and marinating process