Caramel Pecan Filling
Eileen Goltz |
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups toasted chopped pecans
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- ½ cup warm milk
- ¼ cup honey
- In heavy saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil, mixing with a wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the pecans, butter, and milk, then return to heat. Stir constantly and simmer for 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the honey.
- Transfer to ovenproof glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until set.