Use as a pancake topping or as a side dish.
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 apples
- ½ cup (slightly less) water
- Pare and core washed apples. Cut into chunks and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir well until a thick syrup forms.
- Pour apples into sauce and stir to coat apples. Add water (raisins or nuts) and stir well.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Apples can stay in chunks or be mashed with fork.