Pecan-encrusted salmon pieces are baked to tender, golden perfection.
- 4 thick salmon fillets
- ½ cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- ⅛ Tablespoon pepper
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt margarine in large shallow baking dish (9x13 inches).
- In a bowl combine the buttermilk with the egg and mix well. Set the bowl aside.
- In another bowl combine the flour, ground pecans, paprika, salt, pepper and sesame seeds. Mix well.
- Dip the salmon in buttermilk mixture, then in flour mixture. Place skin side down in the melted margarine in baking dish, then turn the salmon pieces to coat with margarine and place the skin side down.
- Place pecan halves on top of each piece of salmon and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes.