This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Blueberry Lemonade Base
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 10 big lemons, including pulp but not seeds)
- First make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the mixture boils. Lower the heat and allow the syrup to simmer for another minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the blueberries with 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- In a pitcher, combine the cooled syrup, lemon juice and blueberry puree.
- To serve, pour ¼ to ⅓ cup of base into a glass and fill with water.