The perfect combination of bananas and chocolate in a gooey dessert.
- 1 (18¼ oz.) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1⅓ cups water
- ½ cup, plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium bananas, finely chopped
- 1 (14 oz.) bag caramels, unwrapped
- ½ cup evaporated milk or pareve sour cream
- 1 cup plus ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray, bottom only of a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the cake mix, water, 1/2 cup oil and eggs and mix, on a low speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl as needed.
- Pour half the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Heat caramels and evaporated milk in saucepan over medium heat; stir frequently, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle the top of the warm cake evenly with the bananas. Pour the caramel mixture over the bananas.
- Sprinkle the top of the caramel with 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over top and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the cake is done combine the remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons oil in small saucepan.
- Heat over low heat, stir constantly until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the cake from the oven and drizzle the chocolate mixture over the warm cake. Cool for at least 20 to 30 minutes before serving.