Asian Cucumber Salad
Eileen Goltz |
- 4 large cucumbers; cut in slices
- 5 green onions white part only, sliced thinly
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves*
- ½ cup crushed roasted peanuts **
- Put the sliced cucumbers into a bowl with the shallots and sprinkle over the vinegar. Add the sweet chili sauce and soy sauce and toss the salad.
- Just before serving add the coriander leaves and peanuts and toss again. Serve at once.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- * You can substitute flat leaf parsley for the coriander leaves
- ** I like to use honey roasted for this recipe