This hot tasty dip is the perfect blend of artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers. This can be made a day or two ahead of time and popped in the oven 1/2 hour before the guests arrive.
Please see “Kashrut Instructions” below for insect inspection.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, diced
- 2 (6½ oz.) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (7 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- ¾ to 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute the diced leek until tender.
- Remove the leeks from the heat and stir in the artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, Parmesan cheese, and mayonnaise.
- Transfer to an 8x8-inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly brown.
DESCRIPTION: Artichokes are ball shaped vegetables, about the same size as a tennis ball. They consist of many thick leaves concentrically arranged to form a rosette. These leaves stem from a solid base. Heart of artichoke refers to the base with layers of the innermost center leaves which are edible.
INFESTATION: Insect prone vegetables, such as artichokes, broccoli and spinach, are not made permissible by the freezing process. It is therefore recommended that these vegetables be purchased only when bearing proper kosher certification, as they are most difficult to check thoroughly.