Submitted by Sharon Tripple Oak Brook IL.
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup finely-ground almonds
- ¾ cup cornflake crumbs, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- ½ cup apple juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup honey
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Dip chicken in flour and shake off excess. Set aside.
- Combine the egg, soy sauce and pepper in a shallow dish; set aside.
- In another shallow dish combine ground almonds and corn flake crumbs.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture to coat and in almond mixture, pressing so the coating adheres to both sides.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken on both sides in oil until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear when cut with a knife. Remove chicken; set aside.
- Combine apple juice, lime juice and cornstarch. Add mixture to skillet.
- Add honey. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve chicken with sauce.
- This recipe can doubled or tripled.