Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union |
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- Oil for frying
- Wash, trim, and shred zucchini. Place in colander, sprinkle with salt and let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Squeeze liquid from zucchini and put in a bowl. Add onions, eggs, and flour.
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of oil in same frying pan.
- Drop rounded tablespoonful of batter in oil. Cook, turning once to brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.