This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 lb. zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup matzah meal
- Applesauce (optional)
- Wash zucchini and cut off ends, but do not peel.
- Grate zucchini into a bowl, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain or squeeze out the liquid.
- In a large bowl mix the zucchini, eggs, sugar, baking powder, matzo meal and 1 Tablespoon oil and blend well. Add salt to taste.
- Heat oil in skillet: Drop zucchini mixture by Tablespoonfuls into pan. Brown on both sides.
- Serve with applesauce, if desired.