Deliciously sweet and incredibly spicy
- 1 (12 oz.) package thin egg noodles
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup oil
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Strain and set aside to cool.
- In a small 1-quart saucepan, dissolve the sugar and oil over low heat. Cook until sugar turns medium brown, stirring occasionally (this should take about 20 minutes). Immediately pour caramelized sugar over cooled noodles, and stir with wooden spoon to separate lumps (some will remain and this is okay, sugar will re-melt during baking). Let cool to room temperature so as not to cook eggs.
- Mix eggs with salt and pepper and add to noodle mixture. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour mixture into the 9x13-inch pan. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1/2 hour. Remove the foil and bake an additional 1/2 hour.