From the Quaker Oats web site:
1 muffin contains:
- Calories 180, Calories From Fat 27
- Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 110mg
- Total Carbohydrates 37g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 3g.
- 1½ cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¾ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup apple juice or fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups oats, flour, sugar, raisins, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine applesauce, apple juice, egg whites and oil; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup oats evenly over batter, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan.