I don’t know where I got this recipe, but supposedly it’s the one served in the White House whenever it’s required.
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2½ cup milk
- 2½ cup cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Whipped cream for topping
- Orange zest for topping
- Cocoa powder for topping
- In a sauce pan combine the cocoa, salt, and sugar.
- Add the milk. Whisk to combine and heat to dissolve.
- Add the light cream, cinnamon, vanilla. Whisk to combine and heat to a simmer.
- Whisk just before serving and pour the cocoa into warm mug.
- Top with whipped cream, cocoa powder, and fine orange zest.