This pareve, kosher for Pesach cream of potato soup can be served cold or hot.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 small bunch leeks, diced (optional)
- 2½ cups water
- 1 Tablespoon parve bouillon
- 1 cup pareve milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely cut chives
- Cook vegetables in water, covered, until mushy.
- Stir in bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Put through sieve or whirl in food processor.
- Chill well.
- Add parve milk.
Serve cold, garnished with chives, if desired. May also be served hot.