This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union |
- 3 whole matzahs
- Boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 2 (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- ½ lb grated Muenster or American cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In medium bowl mix eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper.
- Put Matzos in foil baking pan or large flat dish, pour about 1 cup boiling water over them. Drain.
- Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour a little tomato sauce on the bottom.
- Layer as follows: 1 Matzo, 1/3 of cheese mixture, about ¼ cup tomato sauce, 1/3 of grated cheese. Repeat three times.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.