This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Ultimate Fruit Compote
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 1 (28 oz.) can peach halves
- 1 (28 oz.) can peach slices
- 1 (15¼ oz.) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (17 oz.) can apricot halves
- 1 (28 oz.) can pear halves
- 1 (17 oz.) can pitted dark cherries
- 8 to 10 almond macaroons
- ½ brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup sweet red wine
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Drain the fruit and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Crumble the macaroons over the top.
- Sprinkle the top with brown sugar and dot with margarine or butter.
- Sprinkle almonds on top. Drizzle wine over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.