Fennel gives this soup a wonderful flavor.
- 1 bulb of fennel, diced small
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced carrot
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz. skinless, boneless chicken thigh meat, diced medium
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomato, low salt if possible
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 (19 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 or 2 drops hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the fennel, carrot, onion, celery and chicken stir occasionally for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the tomatoes, broth and beans and simmer for an additional 25 to 35 minutes.
- Add the hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled