This is a great soup to use up leftover turkey or chicken
- 6 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1 cup turkey or chicken, diced & cooked
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients in soup pot or crock pot/slow cooker.
- Cook over low heat in the slow cooker for 6 hours or simmer on the stove for 1 hour, or until the carrots are tender and the barley is soft.