For a great light dinner on a hot summer night serve this salad with rolls and a fruit sorbet.
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl combine turkey, celery, yellow summer squash or zucchini, green onion, green pepper, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours before serving.
To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each salad plate and top with turkey mixture.