This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Tuna-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union | Dairy
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced green pepper
- ½ cup milk or light cream
- ½ cup diced Muenster cheese
- 1 (6 oz.) can tuna, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Wash potatoes and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven. Cut in half lengthwise and scrape and scrape potato into bowl, careful not to damage shells. Mash well.
- Melt butter in small pan; add onions and pepper and cook until soft. Stir in milk. Remove from heat and add to potatoes.
- Add tuna and muenster cheese, salt and pepper and spoon into potato shells, heaping high.
- Place in baking pan, sprinkle with parmesan and paprika.
- Bake at 400°F 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.