This recipe is great for break the fast or Shavuot
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¾ cups milk
- 1 can (7 oz.) tuna, drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped pimiento
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushrooms, sliced, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced onions
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup shortening
- ¾ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Make the cheese biscuit dough and then make the tuna pie filling.
- Melt the butter in saucepan and add the flour and salt, mixing well. Add the milk slowly; bringing the mixture to a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the tuna, pimiento, mushrooms, hard cooked egg and minced onions. Mix well and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a bowl; cut in shortening. Add grated cheese then add milk, stirring with a fork until all flour is moistened.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured cloth-covered board and knead gently for 20 seconds.
- Roll to ½-inch thickness; cut with lightly floured 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on top of hot tuna mixture in casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.