Tropical Green Beans
Eileen Goltz |
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 small onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 to 5 stalks hearts of palm
- ⅓ cup diced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 2 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Clean, cut, and dry green beans. Set aside.
- Cut onion into rings, and peel and halve garlic cloves.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush a large baking dish with 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil. Put green beans, onion, and garlic in dish, drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring at least 3 times. When tender, remove beans, onion, and garlic from oven and transfer to bowl. Immediately drizzle with vinegar.
- Cut hearts of palm into 1/2-inch rings and add to bowl together with tomatoes, pine nuts, and pepper to taste; toss.