Fast and easy and delicious. No one will believe this started out as a box mix.
- 1 box of Near East Tomato Couscous
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used the onion and garlic flavored)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- Prepare the couscous according to the directions on the box.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan heat the tomatoes, garlic and chickpeas to boiling, about 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and then add the tomato mixture and the toasted almonds to the cooked couscous. Mix well.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, fluff with fork, and serve.