A non traditional pie but each mouthful is so fabulous it’s like a vacation for your taste buds.
- 1½ tablespoons instant espresso or coffee granules
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 (10.75-oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 (8-oz.) package mascarpone or cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 1 (12-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 2 (1.4-oz.) English toffee candy bars, coarsely chopped
- Stir together coffee and warm water until coffee is dissolved. Cool.
- Cut cake into 14 slices. Cut each slice in half diagonally. Place triangles in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Drizzle coffee mixture over cake.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the mascarpone cheese, sugar, and chocolate syrup until the mixture is smooth. Add 2 1/2 cups whipped topping, and beat the mixture until it’s light and fluffy.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over cake.
- Dollop remaining whipped topping around edges of pie. Sprinkle the top of the pie with the candy pieces.
- Chill for 6 to 8 hours.
Cut thin slices, this is a really rich pie.