Tiny Pineapple Tarts
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup margarine, softened
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped or crushed pineapple (fresh is best but drained canned Pineapple will work)
- 2 squares (1 oz. each) semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an electric mixing bowl or food processor bowl combine the cream cheese, margarine and salt and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in the flour until a dough forms into a ball.
- Divide the dough into thirds; then divide each section into 12 balls.
- Press each ball into bottom and sides of mini muffin pans to form tart shell. Set the shells aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl or food processor combine the egg and brown sugar. Mix until combined. Stir in the pineapple, chocolate, orange peel and vanilla.
- Evenly spoon the filling into the prepared tart shells.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. Cool 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove tarts from pans and cool to room temperature.