Tiny Pineapple Tarts
Eileen Goltz | Dairy
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup margarine, softened
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped or crushed pineapple (fresh is best but drained canned Pineapple will work)
- 2 squares (1 oz. each) semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an electric mixing bowl or food processor bowl combine the cream cheese, margarine and salt and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in the flour until a dough forms into a ball.
- Divide the dough into thirds; then divide each section into 12 balls.
- Press each ball into bottom and sides of mini muffin pans to form tart shell. Set the shells aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl or food processor combine the egg and brown sugar. Mix until combined. Stir in the pineapple, chocolate, orange peel and vanilla. Evenly spoon the filling into the prepared tart shells.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. Cool 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove tarts from pans and cool to room temperature.