Thai Noodle Salad
Eileen Goltz |
- 18 oz. creamy peanut butter
- 1 oz. tahini paste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced ginger (to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2½ oz. rice wine vinegar or apple cider or a combination of both
- 2 oz. soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 6 oz. coconut milk or ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 chilies, Serrano peppers, minced, (or red pepper flakes)
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 Tablespoons oil
- ½ lb. fresh bean sprouts
- ⅓ lb. snow peas
- ⅓ lb. shredded carrots
- 6 or 7 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 lb. cooked linguine, spaghetti, lo mein or other thin, long noodle, cooked and drained.
- Cilantro (optional)
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter with the tahini paste, ginger and sugar. Mix to combine.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, water, honey, orange juice and coconut milk or coconut. Whisk to combine.
- Add the peppers and sesame oil. Mix until evenly combined and smooth. Set the sauce aside.
- In a large saute pan heat the oil and add the snow peas, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes and add the bean sprouts and peanuts. Cook for another 2 minutes until the vegetables are heated through.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large mixing bowl and add the precooked noodles.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the noodles and vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Serve individually or in a large bowl decorated with cilantro if desired.